Thursday, May 21, 2009

His Presence

"Have but one fear--fear to leave Him.  Be always with him.  Let us live in His presence.  Let us die in His presence."  Brother Lawrence 


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  Psalm 46:10

This is one of my favorite verses, perhaps because I need to be reminded again and again that I need to be still. That stillness is a requirement for knowing, experiencing God.

There is nothing more wonderful than the experience of God's presence, peace, forgiveness.  This song, featured in last night's Pray as You Go, reminds me of that sacred stillness that brings knowing and calls me again to be always with Him.
  
You, Lord, Are in This Place
Keith Duke

You, Lord, are in this place
Your presence fills it
Your presence is peace

You, Lord, are in my heart
Your presence fills it
Your presence is peace

You, Lord, are in my mind
Your presence fills it
Your presence is peace

You, Lord, are in my life
Your presence fills it
Your presence is peace

jas sig