Monday, May 4, 2009

Communion

Yesterday was a very full day. We had the privilege of celebrating Communion with some dear friends in ministry in the city. As I approached them at the altar, I felt a joy in my heart and a new awareness of the meaning of this ritual.

We were not only celebrating God's love and grace as portrayed in Christ's sacrifice on the cross, we were celebrating the community we share in our friendship, and looking forward to that great day when all the community of the redeemed will celebrate the Wedding Supper of the Lamb.

I was reminded again of Psalm 16:3  , "As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight." 

What a kindness for Jesus to have reminded me of this truth on Thursday, and then give me the opportunity to experience it with Him on Sunday. 

In the midst of my delight, I felt His delight.  That is Communion.

jas sig