Friday, April 17, 2009

Clutter

Every Spring my mother would remove the screens from all the windows, scrub them with a brush and comet, hose them off, then put them back up.  It was the beginning of Spring cleaning.

I feel like there is some Spring cleaning to do in my heart today.  I need to get rid of the clutter that distracts me and gathers dust.  I tend to hold onto things.  I need to learn to let go.

My journey goes through rugged territory.  I must rid myself of all but the necessities.

Lord, show me what is needful.  Give me grace to surrender all else.


Purify Me by 2nd Chapter of Acts
Living God, consuming fire
Burn the sin from my life
Make your will my desire
Take my life in your hands

Purify me with your love
'til I shine far brighter than purest gold
In your eyes.
jas sig